I tell my life story to the grocery clerk. Because who doesn't want to hear my life story?
My freshman year of college I had 9 roomates. My sister told me I was crazy. I saw it as increased opportunities to make friends. I was right-she was wrong!
There have only been a few times in my short existence when I recall someone deliberately de-friending me. Once in elementary school when I told on a little boy for body-slamming me on the playground, and tonight!
I don't loose sleep over how many "followers" I have on this blog . There are days that it makes me feel good that I have 17, {no make that 16} close family, or friends that aren't embarrassed to admit they know me, but tonight for whatever reason I've lost one of you :(. I don't know who, but...
I've been de-friended.
How pathetic does that sound? One of my blog followers broke up with me. I thought that ended with marriage. What did I do. Was I not entertaining enough. Not enough posts lately {I have been a bit side-tracked}. Was it the offensive mac n' cheese paint {if that's the case I completely understand}. Last week someone de-friended me on facebook. And. Some friends choose to have private blogs no longer allowing me access to their personal lives. Just tonight I tried to look at a "friends" blog. Apparently my invitation has expired. I was not aware that I had to renew my invitation. How do I go about doing that? Um... ahem- will you PLEASE invite me to your blog--again?
Is this the new age insult? De-friending/de-following someone?????
It hurts.
I know I'll pick up the pieces somehow, but tonight I might loose a little sleep!
Have you ever been de-friended/followed? Tell me your story.
In Peru making friends with the anaconda snake







26 people(person) love(s) me:
I can't tell if you are really "hurt" or not. I am hurt you didn't show us the color! With that said I have been defriended on FB. I just wanted to see pics of the person sure the same for them. TOTALLY different lives so really who wants to read my lame (I think wonderful) life comments. I have also taken people off of my friend list. I kind of hoped thy wouldn't even notice. Your axed if you curse. I really don't know the person so I don't think they really care. I hate the private blog thing. If you ever de-friended me I would notice and I would be sad:(
I'm still here Tara. :) I have never been defriended...I have done the defriending on FB though. Some people are just crazy and when I saw I was being used for someone to harass my sister and her husband I couldn't let myself (nor could I put my family) in that situation. As for the private blog invites....you do have to accept them and create a log in and all that or else the invite only lasts for like 30 days. I usually go through and check my invite list once a month or so and make sure everyone is still good. Don't lose too much sleep over it.....:)
I hope you were not talking about my blog :(!! I just checked and you were not on my permission list!! I never deleted you, nor would I ever I don't know why your email was not there, this is the third time I've put you on there. I don't know why it keeps getting removed!
As for the de-friending I'm guilt of that as well but for a similar reason that Corey has! A member of my family was bashed and to save myself/family from sharp words of their distain I deleted that permission!
On another subject are you squeezing that snakes head on purpose or are the like Darla on Finding Nemo ;)
I also wanted to tell you I'm not a follower of this blog because I have you on my google reader which has the same effect only it does show I follow....I hang on your every word :)
OH!! and right before valentines day too! what in the WORLD was your defriender thinking!! i have "hid" quite a few people on facebook but only unfriended one. former girlfriend of a bro-couldnt stand to see the mushiness of her new relationship. :)
wah! wah! wah!
I guess I'll be your friend again; but only if you say please :)
Blah to those people... that's what I say...
'What you think of me is none of my busines'
:D
Yet, I think you're just a doll!
I love these pictures... the first one reminds me of when we'd play together as little girls ;)
Ha Ha. You are hilarious. I have actually never de-friended anyone, but I have not accepted a few friend invitations. IGNORE. I am sure my brothers would have loved me to de-friend you a few times, but no such luck! You are stuck with me probably for LIFE.
Oh man! How did you find out (on facebook)? I am afriad to de-friend anyone cause I don't want them to know about it!
And I have no clue how many people follow my blog, but secretly, I never put the follow box up cause I would be sad at how small it is! haha! Ignorance is bliss, right?
Tara, I am sure it is a misunderstanding or an oversight because I can't imagine anyone de-friending you on purpose. I hide people on facebook and have ignored requests, but only for people who I hardly know.
I have been de-friended on facebook though. My nephew chewed me out over a misunderstanding and he was a total jerk. I hardly know him and he cussed me out. I was shocked at the disrespect and felt like crap because that has never happened to me before....I lead a pretty sheltered life, so I am not used to mean people. Anyway, before I could show my husband the string of comments, I discovered that he blocked me, so I felt even worse. He blocked me before I could block him! I got over it. I hope your de-friending situation is not as bad.
I appreciate everyone's kind remarks {except Stephanie. NO. I will not beg}.
I really have no idea who it was that was following and now is not. I suppose if I let myself think about it for too long it might make me kind of sad, but more than anything I should thank them because they gave me an idea for a new post!
Sara- It's funny you should comment. Because actually it WAS your blog I was trying to see. I knew it wasn't on purpose, but it just fit right in with the de-following :)!
Janacy-We did have good times playing when we were little. Good times! I suppose you are remembering my mouth open a lot because I was either laughing or talking {not so different from now}.
Greta-what do you mean your brothers would've liked you to de-friend me??? That hurts! I would've never guessed that from their behavior. They were nothing but gentlemen to me all throughout my teenage years {no pranks. just kindness}. Isn't that how you remember it?
Okay, now I'm paranoid - I hope it wasn't my blog that kicked you out because it keeps doing that and to my own mother no less! If it's me, let me know and I'll reinvite you. I would never defriend such a fun person as you!
Tara, I am just amazed at the snake picture!!! What were you doing in Peru? Snakes creep me out so bad.
You are brave and that is an adorable picture of you and your sister! I don't know who would de-friend you either? It must have been a mistake. It did make for a funny post though. I just love reading your blog. Also I saw your photography business blog...so adorable!!! My sister lives down in Henderson so if we ever come down to visit maybe we can set up a session with my hubbie and kids.
I will let you know next time we come down!
I would never de-friend you!!!
I would never friend you!!!
So I really love this post. I too have experienced the de-friending problem recently. I do want you to know since I read this I now have become a follower of your blog. It's not that before I didn't want to. I just didn't think of it. So think of it this way. You may have lost one, but you have gained an even better follower!
:)
I noticed that you are one of your followers. Maybe your tally should actually be 16 now because I don't think following yourself counts.
em
so what you are saying is that you like Tara better than you like me, since you follow her blog and not mine :(
Jose
in the words of our mother--shubup :)
Stephanie.. of course not! As i told Tara. I'm not follower of really anyones blog so I don't think of it. But just so you know, I am now a follower of your blog also. I read both of your blogs when you update regardless of if I am a follower or not. haha I have now just made it official.
It's sad to think someone would de-friend you. However, I'm cracking up at the many comments that are confessing or extememly paranoid that it might be them. It makes me want to see if that has happened to me also. But, as the saying goes, what you don't know won't hurt you ;)
Stephanie--It's true Em likes me better. I'm sorry you had to find out this way!
i hate not being invited! stinks.
at the same time, i have defriended someone who asked me to be their friend right away. took one look at their page and was out of there! would never do that to you though. ;) you look cute w/ that snake.
Jose...you are so rude! Tara, you should de-friend him.
I have been deleted by 3 FB "friends" and not by accident. They told me they were doing it to "teach me a lesson" in FB "etiquette". I am now proud of my list of "people who unfriended me." It's awesome! They even unfriended me in the real world, not just the virtual world. Watch out...maybe you don't want to be associated with me. It might make your friend situation worse.
Oh, and I like "" marks a lot.
Tara, I just became to good for you so I had to defriend you. I am sorry. Staci
Julie- the person that held the snake right after us had the snake poop all down her back. I felt so bad for her. Apparently they only poop about once a week. It happened to be her unlucky day! I don't know how cute I look, but I am certainly happy I didn't get pooped on!
Jessica-your de-friending story tops mine anyday. They don't know what they are missing out on. You are a great friend. Oh, and I agree on the de-friending Joseph. I decided that years ago. Pesky little brother!
Staci-you've always been too good for me. I can't imagine why you've strung me along all these years?
I would never delete you. Your stuck with me forever and always. Love, your true sista
Post a Comment