Us Mothers have all experienced the moment of sheer panic when one of our children is in danger. Today I saw Lincoln’s life flash before my eyes in a matter of seconds. He was hit by a car while playing at my sister’s house. The kids were out front as usual and I’m not even sure which of them ran in and yelled that Lincoln had been hit by a car. Certain that I was running to witness a terrible site I shoved the baby into my friends arms and ran outside (on my broken leg I might add) and was overjoyed to find him talking and walking around. He really is perfectly fine. His knees are sore and bruised, his favorite pair of pants torn, and he’s emotionally distraught, but what a miracle, he’s fine! I’ve thought a hundred times, what if the car had been going faster, what if they hadn’t seen him when they hit him and ran right over him.
I told Lincoln that he seems to have 9 lives and went over proper street crossing, as if I hadn’t done that a million times before. I think he understands now!
Maybe I needed a reality check about life and how fragile it is. Lincoln has always been the child that causes a fair amount of chaos in our home and challenges me emotionally. It is often mentally exhausting to parent him, but I love him dearly. I think heaven was smiling down on us today! I am in tears now, so I think that’s all folks. Just give your little ones an extra hug, I know I have. Unfortunately for Lincoln, I fear I suffer from short term memory loss due to having four children and by tomorrow he’ll be expected to tow the line.
This is the front of the invitation for Lincoln’s baptism~ my scanner isn’t working so I had to take a picture of it. It looks a little fuzzy. What a great day. I am planning to post about his baptism soon!




15 people(person) love(s) me:
Wow, Tara, I am glad he is okay! Broken leg? What happened? I love his Baptism announcement.
I am really glad Lincoln is okay. That is every mothers worst nightmare! Because it really doesn't matter how many times we tell them about crossing the street, it just takes that one time that they don't think and just run out there!! I am interested to hear about the broken leg too!!!
i got teary reading that! i am glad everything is okay. scary!
Yes we all have those moments of pure fear. I remember tripping all over myself in one of those moments. Fortunately the car saw the fear in my eyes and stopped despite not seeing the little toddler. I must of looked pretty silly all sprawled out on the ground but we would do anything...Nice baptism invite!
Tara, I feel like I don't even know you. You are all grown up without me even being around. It's so crazy. You were always my best babysitter and ofcourse one of my favorites to babysit. I love your blog. I also know that the Lord obviously has much more for Lincoln to learn from you. I remember those heart stopping days. Sad thing is, they still happen even when they are big kids. We will always be MOMS! Love ya! Aunt Holly
Tara,
I couldn't even imagine having to go through something like that. Thank goodness he is alright.
I got my hair done from Jen yesterday and we were talking about you. I had no idea that you 2 were such good friends. I didn't even know that she was in the 1st ward with us.
I'm so glad he's safe and sound! How scary for him and for you. We love you guys and are glad all is well.
What an awful experience! I am so glad Lincoln is fine!
Scarey! Lincoln sounds like my Noah! I'm glad that he is okay.
holy Crap Tara!! Im sorry. Scary!!
Oh my gosh. I am dying for you. Don't forget how precious he is by tomorrow. I love you!
Holy crap! That is so scary. You think you have that kind of thing covered with an 8 year old. Last spring I dropped Braydon off at baseball practice and I watched him bust a move across the street without even looking. There were no cars, but he got a good old fashioned butt chewin right in front of the team. Hopefully the shame will make the lesson stick! Glad everything is okay.
Lincoln is one of the funniest and smartest boys I know. I'm glad nothing happened to him!
Wow, thank you for that reminder as my 2 yr old is KILLING me these past couple days. Thank goodness he was okay.
And...broken leg? Did I miss something???
Post a Comment