Photobucket

a little late for Christmas wishes

So, it’s not her 2 front teeth, but my sweet Julia feels like a full -fledged adult now that she has lost a tooth. 

 

She opted to let Daddy pull it out with pliers. 

 

The hopes of a visit from the tooth fairy led her to this decision. 

 

She is so different from Lincoln in many regards (Lincoln wouldn’t let us near his tooth that was hanging by a thread for over a month-disgusting). 

 

He of course always preps her for her new experiences in life, by offering some expertise.  He kindly informed Julia that the

tooth fairy is MOM and molar man is DAD.

 

 Julia was quite curious.  I simply asked her what she believed?  She said she’s not sure?

 

The morning came and the tooth fairy/molar man had failed to visit.  I wonder why Lincoln came to his conclusions about the

tooth fairy? 

 

Is he trying to say I’m flighty and a natural fit for our tooth fairy that often forgets for 1, sometimes 2 or 3 nights? 

I used my standard, “the tooth fairy must have been really busy last night!  I’m sure she’ll come tonight.  Look around at school today, I’m certain you will see a lot of kids missing teeth and she had to visit them as well!!”

 

Phew, it actually worked.  She can get quite worked up when things don’t go according to plan.  Her dramatics lasted mere minutes until she was giddy at the thought of showing here teacher her new grin!! 

 

Julia’s words:  WOW, I lost my tooth and another one is wiggly.  What will my friends say?  I know they will notice because yesterday I had a tooth there and today I don’t!  Of course they will notice.  I look SO cute!

 

Are we ready for this?  I don’t think so. 

2 awkward, yet adorable smiles simultaneously (Lincoln’s and Julia’s).

 

Soon she will be wondering if her friends will notice she has braces, or worse yet, wears a BRA.  AAAAAH, I’m not ready for her to grow up. 

 

It happens too fast!!! 

 

Afterthought:  The tooth fairy did make a guest appearance a day late, but not a dollar short.  JULIA actually got 2 dollars.  With the dollar loosing value the tooth fairy (or in this case MOLAR MAN), had to up the ante. Or possibly two frazzled, overworked, parents felt bad for forgetting such an important rite of passage and hoped the extra cash would make up for it!

7 people(person) love(s) me:

stace said...

Lincoln cracks me up!

Nicole said...

Been there and done that!

CB said...

Ah Tara...when you have some spare time scroll back through my blog a ways and find the post about saydi getting her "first bra." Quite a hilarious story and one I am sure you will be able to completely relate to. I love reading about your family through your words. Hilarious. :)

Greta said...

I just had another friend whose child the tooth fairy forgot to visit, she is a super busy person, but apparently pays interest on late pick ups because her daughter also got extra cash. Thank goodness I have several more years before I have to worry about this.

LM said...

Once the tooth fairy's magic wand broke the night one of our kids lost a tooth. It was very tragic, but she made up for it! That tooth fairy! she's a keeper!

Kelli said...

bras? please no...lets keep them babies forever.

Alyssa Walker said...

Julia, one day needing her first bra... I am curious to see how Bob handles these things.