Photobucket

Cheapskates or Frugal?

Blue and White Country Check

 

Light Blue Denim

 

Dark Blue Corduroy

 

Tan and White Plaid

 

Light Green  Canvas

 

Burgundy and Gold Tapestry

 

“Light Tan” Leather- (my favorite color)

 

Green Microfiber

 

What do all of these things have in common?  They have had the privilege of giving my fine derriere a resting place!  Yes in 10 ½ years of marriage Bob and I have had 8 sets of hammy down couches.  One’s trash-another’s treasure!  Actually, all of these couches have been in great condition.  You could call us the KING and QUEEN of used couches.  Even sweeter is that they have been for free and only infested with germs from those we know personally.  The more amazing fact is that every single set has been via my mom and dad, except the most current find (thank you Vanderhoven’s)!!  I could consider myself somewhat of a couch expert. 

Couch lessons learned~

·     The darker the better for hiding dirt, spit-up, etc.

·     No matter the material/style children consider them perfect jumping surfaces

·     My husband and I always have the same favorite spot-maybe he just used this as an excuse to cuddle up with me (probably the other way around)!

·     Attached cushions are a GIFT FROM ON HIGH!!!!

Beware I may set my sights on your couches and apparently I’m quite good at getting what I want- except the $4,000 leather sectional  Bob refuses to buy and my parents already have, but don’t seem to be parting with anytime soon!!!!!

2 people(person) love(s) me:

Evensen Family said...

I vote frugal. We too have been the proud recipients of used couches. Only recently did we purchase our first couch and even then it was used and found on craigslist.

Alyssa Walker said...

My question is: Why did you EVER part with the country-style blue and white plaid couches? I always thought those were timeless. But seriously-- good job on getting all of those free couches! How do you do it? (Isn't it "hand-me-down"?)
Loves!