Photobucket

Gourmet cooking at its best...


Were you aware that there's a National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day?  



Me neither.  



FYI it is April 2nd!  Now you have a new holiday to celebrate.



Tonight was no special occasion. Sometimes I just feel like going gourmet.  



I mean who doesn't like grilled peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwiches?  I'll give you my list of whos- Bob, Lincoln, Julia, Audrey, Abby(cousin), and Jason(uncle)!



OK, so I completely agreed with them.  Although it took some serious sweat and tears to make this delectable meal, I wasn't terribly offended by the less than rave reviews!



To my credit, we didn't eat fast food.   



I had very little time to come up with a meal, between Jules' afternoon ballet class and Pack Meeting.  



Next time, I'll think we're back to the OG version of PB&J.  Eat your heart out Bob(he despises PB &J)!



I know I'm not the only one whose tried and failed in the kitchen.  Let's hear your mishaps. Who knows if you have a great one, maybe I'll invite you over for  a PB & J & B!

9 people(person) love(s) me:

Stephanie said...

So sorry I missed it! I'll try not to be offended!

Alyssa Walker said...

That doesn't sound THAT bad. Was it totally nasty?

Tara said...

Yes, it was pretty gross! I guess some people L O V E bananas with PB & J. I'd never tried it, so I thought why not. It was pretty weird.

I think part of the problem was the bread used. It was grocery store whole wheat. Maybe I'll try it with some fancy bread.

Amy Joy said...

I had a really bad week. I messed up dinner everyday and it was not gourmet. I didn't cook the pork chops long enough and went out of my way to get the ones James likes. I didn't have time to cook them longert bc he had to go. I burned a couple things and tried some new boxed mac. grill that only 1/2 of us liked. I think we will have pb&j tonight. James loves it but not for dinner:) Maybe if I get some really good bread it will pass it really will be better than anything else I did this week.

Amy Joy said...

If it matters any your pb@j@banana looks good.

becbloggin said...

i cooked a chicken dish in the crock pot. it smelled soooo good all day, and i was really looking forward to eating it. i dished up dinner for everybody and finally sat down to DIG in. the chicken stuck to the bottom a little-but i didnt think much of it til i ate several bites. i realized it was too chewy...the "blood soaking pad" that is on the bottom of fresh chicken containers was cooked to the bottom-i had failed to remove it!! SICK SICK SICK! i still get a little queasy if i think about it too long! at least it was cooked right?!? YUCK!

Andrea said...

Tara...I LOVE peanut butter and bananas! But, you have to use REALLY good white bread..preferrably the grandma sycamores! Then, you toast it, spread it with peanut butter, top with bananas and sprinkle with cinnamon! I think this is AMAZING! I only use one piece of bread but I suppose you could top it with another. Try that and let me know if you like it!

Tara said...

Andrea, I haven't tried it quite like that, but I may have to give it a whirl. Thanks for the idea!

Amy, thanks for the compliment, but I just took this pic from google. The real deal didn't look appetizing at all.

For the record, I don't typically make pb&j for dinner!

Hearing others mishaps makes me feel more normal!

stace said...

peas and bowties...ask douglas about it sometime.