Photobucket

my first love... there's only you in my life

Meet Tara~ trying to get a cute pic together on the MAC & avoid doing dinner dishes

 

Meet Bob~ Always the comedian

 

11 years ago today…two hearts went thump-a-thump. 

It was a cold winter day.  Quite freezing actually.

 

We went to see The Legacy in Salt Lake City.  After the show we walked outside and I was instructed to sit on a nearby bench.  Basically, I think he grunted and pointed- so romantic!

After FIVE times of sitting down, then getting up to leave, then sitting down again, the element of surprise was… well, let’s say non-existent.

 

Will you marry me, he mumbled?

 

What?

 

Will you marry me?

 

I heard him the first time, but couldn’t pass on the opportunity to see him sweat it.  He was too nervous to get on one knee, or so I tell myself, but surprise surprise, I said YES! 

 

We had met a few years prior…

 

You wouldn’t exactly call it  l o v e  at first sight. 

 

My first impression?  I had just met the strangest guy.  That’s the story I told my mom when asked about my sister’s boyfriend.

 

Relax, I didn’t steal Bob from my sister.  He was never hers. 

I’m talking about his brother.  She was dating his brother.  My Mom hadn’t met him.  I had and she wanted the 411.  I didn’t know much about Jason(his brother) at that point. 

 

Are you confused yet?

 

Good.

 

I simply remarked, “if he’s anything like his brother she should steer clear.” (She didn’t- thank goodness.  They are married and have four beauties as well)!

 

As for Bob, he doesn’t recall meeting me. Personally, I think he’s in denial.  Not remember meeting me, what?

 

 

A mission was served.  A few boyfriends were left heartbroken :)

 

And Bob and Tara lived happily ever after.

 

(Alright-I left out a few details, but I’m saving those for another time)

I can’t imagine anyone’s experience being more romantic. But, feel free to share.


5 people(person) love(s) me:

stace said...

that brought tears to my eyes.

Alyssa Walker said...

Love you guys and those pics! I need to borrow those earrings, by the way. (I'm in class right now. Totally paying attention.)

LM said...

Cute earings! I noticed them before I read alyssa's comment! So what. . .is it an anniversary for you? How many years have you lasted? Just eternity to go!

Tara said...

Leisel, no, not our anniversary. Last night I just realized what the date was and I have a weird thing about always remembering dates.

Bob proposed 11 years ago on Jan.27th. Since I remembered I thought I'd write a post about it!

Kristy said...

Cute post. Love the love stories. Wow! You are the blog queen these days!Keep it up!