Photobucket

I like big BUTTS and I cannot lie...

On babies that is!  The doctor and the ultra sound lady concur that…

OWEN  appears to have a Big BUM

(undoubtedly from Bob’s side of the fam J).  He in fact was never breech, the doc just couldn’t believe it was his

behind up by my ribs, feels much too large,

it must be his head, NOPE doc we just produce-

         

Big Bottomed Babies!! 

 

Hallelujah-  head down, ready to go!  They also informed me that I have about double the amount of amniotic fluid I need (let’s hope my water doesn’t break in public) and the baby measures 8 lbs. 2 oz., give or take a pound.  I sure hope they’ve over-estimated, I have 3+ weeks left and although it might be nice to excuse some of my excessive weight gain to an abnormally large newborn, I don’t enjoy the thought of delivering a 10 pounder. 

 

On the subject of weight gain and being sensitive about comments on the matter… SOME of it may be in my head.  While at the grocery store a couple days ago I was making small talk (something I’m quite good at I’m told), to one of the checkers that I know.  What I heard her say was,

“you’re all CHUBBY, you look really good

though.”  WHAT, since when does chubby look really good on an adult and did she honestly call me chubby and I thought I liked her?  Thankfully my older and apparently, less hearing impaired sister was with me and informed me that she had said,

“you’re all TUMMY.  Thank goodness I can’t take

this much longer!

3 people(person) love(s) me:

Stephanie said...

It still makes me laugh to think about it! I'm just glad I was there to clarify so you didn't have to add it to the list of rude comments you've received. You do look really good! Can't wait to meet that 10 pound Owen!

Alyssa Walker said...

Yay for big booties!

Tara said...

Hi Tara!
I was so glad to hear from you! I love to catch up with people and see how they are doing. It's funny, because I was kind of blog jumping looking for links to people I know a few weeks ago. After HOURS, I had only found a couple of people, so I gave up. It's nice to see how well you are doing and you have adorable children! Thanks for commenting. I would like to check in on your family sometimes too. I am glad to hear that your baby is turned in the right direction. I hope all goes well with the delivery.
Best of Luck!
Tara