Photobucket

We Survived!

Julia on her first day of Kindergarten



         Poor Lincoln, it's so bright out, but this is our 
last picture before he lost his teeth.  



      1st day of second grade,  what a handsome devil!




                    Before the anxiety set in



I'm amazed I was able to get any shots of her through the tears. Does it ever get easier? I foolishly thought that since I'd 
been through this before I'd be fine, but alas, I was not!




      Julia at lunch on her special day with mom, before school started!  She was so excited, she had no idea what a toll 6 hours, 5 days a week would take on her.



Well the first week of school is nearly done with no major catastrophes.   Our sweet Julia has turned up the whining just a few decibels.  She has pushed her little sister over a few times(that has literally never happened before), pulled hair, (I promise they love each other) and cried when I pick her up 3 out of the 4 days so far.  I would say she is having an adjustment.  It is partially my fault for doing preschool at home and now she's gone straight to all day, WOW!  I don't know why she is having a hard time her brother fully prepared her by telling her that "the first day of school is really boring and you won't be any smarter.  Really Kindergarten is not that great", says Lincoln!  Thank you Lincoln!
Lincoln is an old pro.  Of course he was only out of school for 2 weeks before the new year.  He says he knows everyone and has tons of friends!  Not to mention the popularity you gain from actually losing your tooth at school and getting an awesome tooth shaped key chain!  He has turned over a new leaf from last year and is actually concerned about getting his homework done.  We'll see how long that lasts, I'm hopeful though.
Audrey asks "where Juwia,"  and replies, "oh, her at kindergawden,"  all day long, or should I say all week long!  Although she loves to be by herself and steal all of her older siblings stuff, she pretends to miss them.  When they come home it is complete chaos.  Audrey biting everyone and being an overall bully doesn't help.   Hopefully next week will run more smoothly!  We start piano lessons for Linc, dance and gymnastics for Jewels, so we'll see...


6 people(person) love(s) me:

Callie said...

Hey brace-face! Your blog is so dang cute! You take great pictures. Tiff won't post any she's taken since the beautiful ones you took of them! So I'm thinkin...:)
I'm glad I got to talk to you last night and I can't wait till Thursday. (not always how I feel about my workday, you know) I hope you're feeling good. Get lots of rest this weekend, it looks like next week is a doozie!

Alyssa Walker said...

Tare bear, Jules looks so cute and innocent in these photos... I love it! And Linc is lookin' like a stud! I love how he told Julia she wouldn't be any smarter after the first day of school. Ha ha! Cute.

A New Decade of Health said...

I love blog hopping and found your blog! It's always so fun to check out what's going on. Even though we don't live that far away, our lives get too busy to keep up with everything! My blog address is htowngills.blogspot.com. Your kids are so cute and getting so big!

stace said...

can't believe Julia is in school. She is such a cutie!!

Felicia said...

I guess you found me! I had no idea that ya'll even had blogs. I love these photos of the kids. :) Julia looks so sweet. Joe was cracking up about Lincoln's comment.

We are the Matthews! said...

That is funny what Lincoln said. Sydney did the same thing to her cousin Haley. She told her Mrs. Lewis is mean and she better not be bad. My sister said it made Haley really nervous. Got to love the experts!! So let me know when you are ready to start car pooling again. Cara starts preschool this next week so we are back into the routine. Hope you are feeling good. And I think you look great pregnant. Im glad those days are over for me. :)