Photobucket

sum, sum, summertime...

Only 2 weeks until the kids are out of school!  Have I ever mentioned how strong my hatred was for year-round school?  Well, it was quite strong.  We endured it for 4 long years.  This is going to be our first real summer since Lincoln started Kindergarten {and he'll be in 5th grade next year}.  I can't wait for my kids to play for hours on end with no worries, no homework, and no frazzled mother. Honestly, I am a different mother when my children are not in school.  Sometimes I wonder if I should just let them run amuck and teach themselves reading, writing, and arithmetic? Then the sibling rivalry gets to me and I'm ready to ship them back to school. 


For now, I'm dreaming of long summer nights, marshmallow roasting, swimming, and weekends at the cabin.


What's your favorite summertime memory????????????????????????


I remember lots of swimming in my Grandmother's pool {sometimes with our swimsuits on and sometimes not{only with my girl cousins and only at night when none of us could see of course}} and lots of weekends at the cabin {the same cabin I take my kids to now :)}.


Perhaps one of my favorite memories was going to visit my grandparents in Mexico. My cousins, sister, and I stayed with them for 2 weeks. I was only 12!  We visited ancient ruins and stayed in Marriott's house {his personal house} in Acapulco. It was like a dream. We actually asked my Grandpa for permission to go skinny dipping...he said no! We went anyway. {I'm not really sure what the obsession with skinny dipping was all about? But, somehow after 4 children I am much more comfortable with my swimsuit on :)}.


I found this printable and it's got my mind rolling with fun summer ideas. Something I didn't see on there that will definitely be happening around here at El Morris Ranchito{see how sweet my Spanish skills are now?} is a few extra chores, just so they don't forget who's boss around here.





On my birthday, at the cabin a couple of summers ago, with my lovely Julia. 


 
Photobucket


2 people(person) love(s) me:

Nicole said...

I am always soo ready for school to be out. However; I am one of those that thinks she would love year round. It's too hot here{no pool:(}

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

Thanks for the linky to the freebie, me likee. -Natalie