Photobucket

a little teary-eyed...

What a whirlwind this week has been...  


-last minute school shopping
-home organization 
-first and last public pool outing 
-first and last b-b-q with friends and swimming {3 weeks between grades is NOT enough time} 
-one on one dates with each of the kids {more on that later} 








Phew--my week has been full :)!






I haven't really had time to reflect on this new school year, until now. I am so excited for them. For the new experiences that await them. 


For myself I am feeling a little sad.  I keep telling my sweet children they are not allowed to grow up!  I tell this to Audrey the most {she's at such a fun age}.  




She must stay four forever and that's final! 




Somehow I managed to buy the new school clothes, go to twenty different stores to find the specific colors of folders the teacher is requesting, and have the kids do a fashion show of their first day of school outfit {they loved this}, but inside I am panicking.  




How is this happening so quickly? Two short years and I will have a Junior High Schooler.  The thought of growing old isn't what frustrates me.  I am really quite attached to these little ones. I didn't even put Audrey in preschool this year because I only have one year left with her until she's a school child. just. one. year :(.


I know they'll still be mine, but I can feel them starting to pull away.  Nothing rebellious, just normal life.  Why did no one tell me it would be so hard to see them grow up?  I enjoy seeing their talents develop and their personalities form, but with each new stage I feel a loss.  A loss of the child they are slowly leaving behind.  


{I highly doubt I'll yearn for the days of scrubbing pink eyeshadow out of the carpet {that was tonight}, or rewashing the pile of freshly washed clothes that's been dumped back in the dirty hamper, instead of being put away.} 




Despite all the daily toil and strife I must endure as a mother, I am really trying to cherish these times.  They are going by much too quickly.






I suppose I will have this to look forward to someday...




Photobucket


dirty cabin children with grandparents

Photobucket
Grammy {as Audrey calls her} and Audrey at the cabin this summer!





5 people(person) love(s) me:

Humes Family said...

Tara, I feel the same way and I haven't sent a child to school yet! I have one more year with Aiden before he starts school, what seemed like forever a few years ago is knocking at my door :(

Sarita said...

I feel the same way about Kai coming out of my womb. :)

Okay, not REALLY.

But Im sure I will soon feel the same way soon.

Nicole said...

Tara, Respectfully- I hated this post;) Seeing as how I just left my kiddos at school about 42 minutes ago, it's still fresh. And I too will have a junior high kid in 2 years. I don't even like to think about it. It really is a freaky thing. I think I'll just keep on having babies until I have grandkids. Wonder how Alan would feel about that?!

Kristy said...

I can't even get close to their school without crying. Miles is in kindergarten now, Brighton in preschool and Stella in second grade. Stella leaves at 8:25 is home around 3:45 and we do homework for about 2o minutes and she is back out the door until dinner. I REALLY miss her! I forbid them to grow up as well. But growing up they are!

Greta said...

My kids both start for the first time this year. Yikes. PS, you mom is looking dang skinny.