Photobucket

your killing me O...

This not so little baby has been trying his darndest to get injured in any way possible.  As of late it seems as though the only place he is safe from himself is in the high chair  {I don't think he'll be slimming down any time soon}. 


{I know I'm a terrible liar and I told you you'd only live with mac n' cheese for a week.  Well months later you can see ONE of the new colors selected.  Green.  I love green}!


Photobucket


In the past 10 days he...


has been rescued from a fire 


bit a whole clear through his tongue {his tongue swelled up so much he couldn't close his mouth and drool was constantly dripping.  The night of the tongue incident he didn't fall asleep until 5am}. 


has run for the street EVERY TIME he can and laughs while doing it {nearly getting hit by a car a few days ago} 


has perfected the art of terrorizing the animals {we're talking picking up the cat and chucking it across the yard, poking the dogs eyeballs and such}. 


AND his latest stunt {just last night}...


He fell off of a chair {he climbed on} landing on a hard metal poky thing {which he retrieved from a drawer}, he bled a lot and got 6 staples in his poor little head {the cut went clear to the scalp}. The ER staff was great.  We were out of there in less than 40 minutes!


I wasn't home {Daddy was in the bathroom} and big brother was watching him for a second {being quite a nice big bro. actually.  He was reading him a story}.  Bob does not panic and always tells me I'm overreacting.  So when he was frantic on the phone and told me there was blood everywhere and he was rushing him to the hospital, I feared the worst, of course, because Bob is right I overreact {please don't tell him I said that}!  


I was doing something super important at the time {it may have involved my favorite yogurt establishment. I may have to go back tonight {after O is in bed} because I didn't even end up going inside}.  


When I got to the hospital big brother Lincoln looked quite pale and was frantically asking everyone if O was going to be OK.  He kept saying what a terrible brother he was and it was his fault.  Talk about tearing at your heartstrings. We assured him he did nothing wrong, etc., etc. and he's fine now that Owen's fine! 


The girls were left alone for a few moments until G-ma and G-pa arrived.  The biggest concern they expressed {after they found out he was going to be fine} was that Lincoln's shirt didn't match his pants and that it wasn't buttoned up correctly. The little fashionistas.  Audrey heard Grandma tell a few people that Owen split his head.  She was insistent that his head didn't come off and that if he split his head off he wouldn't be able to see.




Sidenote:  Owen wouldn't stand to get his weight.  He was put on the baby scale.  It said 28 pounds.  I assumed the scale was broken until the red light started blinking saying overload.  He finally weighed on the big-boy scale.  34 pounds sounds a little more accurate for this brute.  Owen is locked in the office with me right at this moment and I will not be letting him out of my sight for a moment.  I feel like I do that anyway, but apparently I'm not careful enough.  He has a way of making me feel like a lousy mom.  


Why is it that even when I'm not home I feel responsible for him getting hurt?  I suppose it's because I should've made my cousin walk to my house from the airport last night and made-do with no diapers.  Really when you think about it it's ridiculous how hard we mother's are on ourselves.  Hug your babies a little tighter today and if you have a calm, docile child, count your blessings!  I know I'm counting mine {calm children just isn't one of them}.

11 people(person) love(s) me:

Whitney and Tyler said...

He kills me!! So I can only imagine what he does to you. Hang in there Tara! At least he's cute, right?;)

Kelli said...

oh my gosh. bless your sweet mommy heart. this job is hard enough without er visits.

34 pounds! what a funny little boy. you have such personalities in that home of yours.

Nicole said...

Calm? Docile? What's that?

Kristy said...

This may not be the post to ask...but do you recommend four kids. I am thinking three is pretty sweet.

becbloggin said...

so glad he survived-even with mismatched cRaZy clothes! i love that BIG cuddlebug :) hang in there mama-you are AWESOME!

Callie said...

Of all my fears of being a mom, I have to say those ER visits were at the top. Of course, now, 3 kids later and a few visits under my belt, I realize...they're still at the top! I'm so glad he's ok. Poor Lincoln. That had to be so frightening. Tell him if it makes him feel better, JJ thinks he's the coolest kid in town!

stace said...

I could have walked...I am a Walker. haha?

glad baby O is okay now. Maybe you should keep a helmet on him at all times.

Tara said...

Kristy,

Of course I would recommend four kids! Why just today I got a cast on one and staples removed from another.

Each child comes with so much personality I can't possibly imagine my life without 4. But 5 is a whole new ball game. Anything that involves me being pregnant again I am not a huge fan of!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Wait a minute. You can blog with a baby in your office?

That is the mark of a remarkable mother.

You deserve that yogurt.

Kristy said...

Tara...have you left the blogging world???

Tara said...

Seems that way doesn't it Kristy? No, I have not, but life has been a complete whirlwind these past couple of months. So much to post, so little time.

It will get done though. I am determined.

CJane,

Thank you! I think you are right. I deserved the yogurt!