Photobucket

The Wizard of Oz...

We are finally done with dance.  I must admit that I think these girlies of mine look quite darling all dressed up in their costumes {I did not look so darling this week with not one stitch of makeup on this nearly 32 year old face.  All of the allotted make-upping time was spent on the 6 and 3 year old. Something about that is just not right}


After doing this 7 times in one week {counting 3 dress rehearsals and 4 performances}, I am not shedding one tear that we are through with this dance season. 


And can you believe it, not one of those times did I remember my camera {thank goodness my sister-in-law snapped these for me}. 
Photobucket


Audrey the lone bunny left for the final bow.


Photobucket
Here are Julia and Audrey {2nd and 3rd from the left} with 2 friends and 3 cousins that were in the show.




I had one dancer at the very beginning and one at the bitter end, so we couldn't even show up late, or leave early. {Is it just me? or do I do a LOT of complaining. Enough of that:)}.  




The girls did great.




Audrey mostly sang the song, not a whole lot of dancing, but put a 3 year old in an adorable bunny costume and they steal the show no matter what


Julia is quite serious about this ballerina business.  I was impressed and find myself constantly amazed that I just might have a child who has at least some coordination. {I wasn't so blessed in that department}!


Add 2 kids with the flu {the puking kind}, and the regular drama of raising four munchkins and we had ourselves quite a week {phew}. Without carpooling I simply would not have survived.  


Lincoln absolutely positively was not attending the ballet.  After some discussion and letting him know, no big deal, he could just reimburse us for the $20 ticket and pay half the babysitting costs, he agreed to attend. 
{we're not forcing him to obey. He made the choice.  The choices given were somewhat like the choices Bob gives the children- "clean your room or be destroyed."  They've not yet chosen "be destroyed," but have come close a couple times.  He came, but refused to enjoy it {I did spy him watching intently a time or two:).  And he complimented the girls on a job well done}.  Before the show, I reminded him of all the things he's done that his sisters willingly support him in , he commented that he never asked them to.  I simply cannot wait until his teenage years.  They are going to be a blast.

9 people(person) love(s) me:

Kelli said...

lincoln is a hoot!

becbloggin said...

i do MISS dance etc! they look beautiful! those performances are so fun...but i KNOW what it means to have that week FINALLY done with :) well done LaDiEs and MOM!

Uffens Family said...

They are absolultely adorable!

Nicole said...

I have tried EVERYTHING(including taking away her room) with getting my daughter to clean her room. Next time I am going to try out the "destroyed" plan. I like it!

Callie said...

I love it! Grace only has one final performance and I'm dragging my feet because she might be one of the last on the program. Muy impressive!
Tell Lincoln I feel his pain. He is so funny. I love to see his responses to you..I think your sense of humor and timing has been passed on!
See you tomorrow! I always look forward to it.

Alyssa Walker said...

That's one super adorable little bunny.

Melinda McBride said...

I love it! Funny, because when you describe Lincoln not wanting to go to something like that, I can just hear my husband saying the same things. (He's just not a fan of that music/dancing "crap".)

If you find anything that works on your 9 year old, just let me know. I may have to use it on a 34 year old in my house. :)

The girls and their costumes are just adorable.... Too bad they don't look quite as innocent and cute when adults wear them. Ha.

the child family said...

Cutest little costumes! Where do they take dance? I need to get Lily in. All she knows of dance is Hannah Montana moves :( Seriously though, we are looking for a place...

Tara said...

Laura,

I'm sorry you had to hunt me down in person to get the answer to this. Shame on me. I do remember reading this and meaning to reply. Just didn't happen. Which seems to be the theme for my life lately.

I bet Lily has the best Hannah Montana moves around:)!