Photobucket

going once, going twice...

I have been the world's worst blogger this summer, but I promise my excuses are all valid. Renovating a house sort of takes over your life. I have kept a running list of blogposts and I fully intend to get to ALL of them-but not tonight {or should I say this morning. *just a thought-maybe, just maybe I would be more patient with my children if I went to bed at a reasonable hour}.

I have been contemplating blogging about what's been on my mind for over a week, but any way I word it- I feel I sound like a peddler. But what are friends for? If not for hitting you up for business-right:)???? The home we bought has a 3,500 sq. ft boat/RV/trailer storage unit in the back, with 8 bays for boats and we don't own a boat- let alone 8. Hence, one of the reasons for my post. We are renting out the storage spaces. We would really like to rent to people we know, or at least people who know people we know :), before we turn to the paper, or Craigslist- so please ask around for me. We live close to the the freeway and it is on the way to the lake. If you are interested just email me at morrisbunch@gmail.com or call me if you know me well enough to know my phone number.

Business propostion number 2--we are already loosing our renters from our townhome and are looking for new renters starting the beginning of October. If you know anyone please let me know.

Last, but not least-- I have decided to teach preschool this year. I know it is a very last minute decision and I am amazed that I got students so quickly, but I have a girl who is going to be helping me and so I have room for 4 more children.

There you have it. I'm glad I could get that off my chest. I know it may surprise you {coming from me}, but there are actually some things I do NOT like to talk about. Renting storage spaces and looking for renters are certainly on that list.

Preschool- however, I LOVE that. Every time I teach {which has been every time I plan on sending one of my kids to pre-school} I tell my mom/sisters to talk me out of it-which they never do- by the way. Not because I don't like teaching , but because it is a lot of work. My preschool is very hands-on. I don't teach children to read- I teach them to love literature through interactive literature activities. We go on multiple field trips, have music-time {my favorite}, and hands-on centers time. I believe in child-oriented education- meaning we do in depth studies of certain things, based upon what the children are intersted in. We do lots of cooking together and child-oriented craft projects. My preschoolers take home one-of -a -kind creative works of art. You will never see a "perfect" art project come home from my school. It is all about creativity and the process, not the product. This is the first time I will have a more ideal set-up for school. Every time I've been over to the house I feel like I should do a school. After supplies {and time spent preparing} I don't really make very much money, but I still love doing it! There's just something about that age that I love. They still adore their teachers, they're so eager to learn, they say funny things, and they generally love school.

In a nutshell, if you need boat storage, are looking for a cute 1,450 sq. foot town-home to rent, or want to enroll your child in my preschool email me at morrisbunch@gmail.com or call me {see what I mean about sounding like a peddler}? Hopefully this is the first and last of this type of blogpost, but I reserve the right to be tacky and/or offensive any time I so choose!!

12 people(person) love(s) me:

the child family said...

Yes, Tara, we will take a bay for our sailboat that we haven't bought yet. This is Blake's latest idea and he is making all sorts of plans. True, we haven't even SECURED A HOUSE yet but he is ready to buy a boat. We'll let you know if that dream ever materilaizes! In the meantime, we will keep our eyes and ears out for renters, boaters, and preschoolers. Will you be in soon?

LM said...

I'm not even telling Shawn you offered. He doesn't need any motivation to buy a boat! That's exciting about preschool! I'll have to get a few ideas from you. Sterling is in a Mommy-made preschool with about 6 others his age. That means I have to teach every other months! I need good ideas!

becbloggin said...

tara-you are awesome! we are so EXCITED to have you in the ward :) i was telling david how wonderful it would be for our kids to have their great grandparents in their ward. i am no offended in the slightest by your blogpost. i think its great! myy bro & sis in law will be looking to rent a place soon...so i appreciate all the shared information. my sis was inquiring about your preschool too...his son is not quite old enough yet--BUT i will definitely spread the word-your pre-school is WONDERFUL!

Nicole said...

Are you going to be teaching next year? Too soon to say???

Kristy said...

My brother Jay has boat and I have no idea where he keeps it. I think he is still in your parents ward.

Michelle Campbell said...

Wow, you've been busy! Where is your new home?! Can't wait to see pictures of it! Good luck with the preschool... maybe we'll put Lily in it next year (hopefully, you'll still be doing it). How much you charge? Luv ya and good luck with everything!! Oh- how much is your townhome?? you can email me with that answer at ewsoup@aol.com.

Sarita said...

If we had a job in Vegas, had a boat, or a child, I would totally hit you up. As for now, none of those things apply. But I will let you know if I hear of anyone looking in the area.

I think it is great that you continue educating little children. Some of my earliest memories of you include me being amazed at how you are a natural with little ones. That, and you purposefully walking across the cinedome with a few feet of toilet paper hanging out of your pants.

Tara said...

Thanks for that walk down memory lane Sarah. Oh dear, I'd forgotten about the movie theatre. Trouble is there are so many similar instances that my early teenage years have become a blur. Thank goodness I have friends/cousins like you who remember EVERYTHING!!!!!

Lindsey said...

I am really looking forward to some pictures of your house. It sounds pretty amazing! I will keep my ears open for renters and potential preschool goers! I am not sending Noah to preschool this year, or else I would totally send him to you!

Evensen Family said...

Hey sorry to hear you have to find new renters. I wish something would have worked out with a student. When will you move into your new home? I'm anxious to see pics. of your place.

Walk abouts said...

Some day we will live close enough to eachother to run a preschool together. I am anxious to start a preschool, but since the baby is coming anytime now, I thought this would not be the ideal year to start. Your teaching philosophy is pretty much my teaching philosophy. I taught in a preschool once without someone whose philosophy totally clashed with mine and it was not enjoyable.
Anyways, what phone number is vaild? Did your home phone change? Cell phone work? THese are things you gotta know if you're going to be informing your friend about the birth of their baby. However, I guess I could always tell you via a comment on your blog.
Sherrae

Sarita said...

Anytime. Now stop working on your house and traveling so much so I can read your blog. K?