JUNE 20, 1998------------------------------------------------
11 years, nearly 10 moves {one apartment we only lived in for 1 and a half days-YES it was that bad-thanks again Stephanie for picking it out for us!}, 4 children, 2 pet fish, and 2 degrees later {technically I only have 1 degree, Bob has 2, but I’d like to think I’m just as smart}.
---we are still in love!
Life is far from perfect, but I wouldn’t want to live life with anyone else by my side{except maybe a maid}. I love you Bob. I’m not sure why I’m telling him on my blog-he NEVER reads it, so I guess I’m publically professing my love for him to all of you.
We celebrated our anniversary with some amazing Italian food {one of the things we have in common--our love of Italian cuisine.
{If money were no factor I’m quite sure Bob would have flown me to Italy for the finest pasta and gelato in the world}.
We settled for Terra Verde. It did not disappoint!
Afterward we had to cleanse our palates J with a scoop of gelato. Delish!! In 11 more--we’ll eat our gelato in Milan, or maybe Rome, no both {truth is by then we’ll be paying for missions and college-so more than likely we’ll find ourselves back at Terra Verde and that’s OK too}!
It’s hard to remember the times before we welcomed little ones into the world. I’ve developed a couple wrinkles and given a few to Bob I think!

My favorite picture. Mostly because we were taking a break from the camera and someone candidly captured our newlywed love {Our wedding photographs are not good quality, but they are what we have- so we treasure them}!
You might think this {the picture with the yellow flowers and not quite matching grey shirts} was our engagement photo. NOT SO. We had no engagement photo. There was a photo shoot, just no photo-but that’s for another post! No, these are family pictures taken the morning after our wedding.
Extended family pictures the morning after the wedding. Why?? is all I have to say. Why???
In our honeymoon photo I am wearing Bob’s swim shorts, not just there, but the entire week. He surprised me and I had no idea where we were going until we were at the airport. All I knew? It was going to be warm and there would be lots of water. A cruise? NO. That is what I thought. I was young. Naive you might say. I only packed swimsuits, pajamas and well you know. No clothing. We ended up in Cancun. We visited every ruin possible and the locals didn’t care one bit that I was wearing my husband’s swim trunks!!











12 people(person) love(s) me:
Wow! You guys look so young! It was fun reading that post, Happy Anniversary!
You guys are so cute! congrats on the 11 years! Loved the pictures!... and Bob's orange suit. haha.
Oh my gosh! I love this post - I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! Email me when you get a minute: marianneshaheen@yahoo.com
Such a lovely, GORGEOUS bride! That's my sista right there!
you were a hot bride! yay for 11 years! I'm almost to 9--wha? hope all is going smoothly with the packing
Congrats to you guys! I'm so glad you found my blog. We miss the old ward so much. If you guys can make it 11 years and be still so sane, then there is hope for us all :) You guys are such a cute couple. You were such a good sport about ahving to wear your hubby's swim trunks. I would have made him go out and buy some outfits to wear.
~Mandy
Happy Anniversary! I love seeing peoples wedding pics.
Congrats you guys! 11 years is quite the feat! Blake and I are coming on a mere 7 but boy time flies, doesn't it?
So much fun stuff. I just LOVE the pics of the field in Peru. Amazing.
And that orange suit....yes, you are a good wife. :)
WHAT?
No picture of your amazingly beautiful, wiser older sister at the wedding... I guess you didn't want me stealing all the attention! :)
I'm saying happy b-day to you here...have you STILL lost your cell phone? I guess I'll head over to facebook, too. I should say, "happy cyber-birthday" since I can't find you anywhere!!!
You guys still look as young as ever!!!! What a cute family!
Post a Comment