Julia was finally EAGLE OF THE MONTH! She was SO excited. Since the first week of school where she learned of this award she’s been imagining her day in the limelight.
She spent the first couple hours of the day moping about. I suppose I got a teensy bit paranoid and kept the kids home from school, due to rumors of the swine flu {in her cousin’s class}.
Everyone needs a day off every now and then, right? We had fun. We went to the candy store, had a picnic and the kids found tons of ladybugs. As promised I took her to school at the end of the day for the much-anticipated assembly!
She is a good student!
I explained to her that not every “worthy” child will get the award. Some kids go throughout elementary school, earn good grades, never cause a problem, and have no day of glory.
No big deal Jules. I said we would have our own awards assembly at home if that was the case, but I was informed {it’s not the same Mom}.
Lucky for her {or maybe me} she received the award for the month of April! She’s ecstatic to go on a special field trip with all of the other April Eagles, including her cousin Abby!
{Lincoln also earned the Eagle award this year. The assembly was 4 days after I had Owen-- I’m afraid his day was a little overlooked. But he did get an extra field trip}.




3 people(person) love(s) me:
Congratulations Julia! You have the most adorable kids! And I have to agree with Julia, it wouldn't be the same to have an awards assembly at home. She deserved a day in the limelight!
LOVE the story about Bo's sister! That is too funny. We have to stop meeting like this - here is my email - email me with your info and I'll send back phone/address. See ya -
marianneshaheen@yahoo.com
Way to go Jules- very nice!
Post a Comment