Photobucket

i love a little break-don't you?

I’m back- and YES-it was fantastic.  I arrived home to a perfectly cleaned home, 4 bathed and sleeping children, and Bob with his feet up as though it twernt nothin’.  WHAT?  I mean I wanted it to run smoothly, but part of me wanted there to be at least --a couple-- bumps in the road.  Am I terrible that I want a little more credit for all my hard work??????? 

 

Don’t get the wrong idea here.  Bob thanks me and tells me what a great mom I am and all that jazz, but it’s never enough for us hormonal women-is it?


I wanted some real drama.  Like-“I don’t know how you do it dear, you are A-MAZ-ING.  Now I understand why you get frazzled at the end of the day, or why some days you don’t shower-do your hair-put make-up on, nor have dinner ready at 6 sharp.”  I wanted “Anything you can do-I CAN’T do better.” 

 

After this weekend, I’m thinking Bob should be a stay at home Dad.  We just have to work out the minor kinks.  Like-- how they aren’t hiring teachers right now. Not to mention, we’d take a significant pay cut.   

 

 

{In all seriousness, I’m glad I married such a capable man.}

 

 

There is one thing that hasn’t been working out so wonderfully.  He fed Owen 8 ounces every 2 hours.  Bob swears he could see him getting fatter.  Owen has since been less than thrilled with nursing, but I’m more stubborn than he is and he’ll just have to tough it out.  I’m telling you that kid is a chow-hound.  I started Rice Cereal this week to curb his ravenous appetite and he didn’t skip a beat.  Acted like he’d been eating from a spoon his whole life. 


It's good to be back.  I wish I could say I came back refreshed, but staying up until 4:30 in the morning  chatting didn't do wonders for my tired old bones!  Hopefully, I'll be back to full speed soon-so I can show Bob who the real "house goddess" is around here!

8 people(person) love(s) me:

Alyssa Walker said...

You're such a diva! J/K. I bet Bob didn't admit how difficult it was to take care of the children. Nonetheless, I has to be nice to know he does a good job. I still can't believe Owen ate so much. What a little chunk!

Kelli said...

i LOVE it when jimi says "i don't know how you do this". it really makes my day.

Nicole said...

Tara I have so been there. I went to a funeral once. When I came home the house was clean. Alan had even taken the kids to the park and made brownies. Yes, that's right brownies. He couldn't figure out why I wasn't excited over the whole thing!

Nicole said...

I should mention that my funeral was an overnight trip. He didn't do all that in a couple of hours!

Michelle said...

Tara, I have to say I saw Bob and the kids at Stake Conference last Sunday and I definately gave him major props for taking them to Conference by himself. However, we all know it's NEVER as easy as it looks!

stace said...

I think he was just putting up a front and he was really going crazy the whole time.

Or he only did 1/4 of what you do on a daily basis.

Jen said...

I can always count on you for a good laugh! I love your posts :)

The Luke Family said...

Love that post!