Photobucket

You got a quarter? You can have him. How about 5 cents?

My brother (Joseph) was constantly saying this to everyone who visited when Alyssa (my sis) was a wee babe!  We were a little worried for a while, but nearly 21 years later,  he and Alyssa get along just swimmingly!





My little butterball is 2 months old!

He weighed in at 16 lbs. ~
100th percentile
He was weighed at a different Doctor's office over a week ago and came in at over 17 lbs., but this is his official weigh in at his doc.  Someone's scale is off, but I figured since he can't speak for himself I would do what I would want~ use the lighter scale :) !

His Length:23.5 inches ~
75th percentile

His head is BIG~ 
90th percentile

He is Sleeping from 8:30pm-7am, through the night!!
Just in case anyone feels that I do not deserve this, ask me about Lincoln's babyhood.  I most certainly do!!  He found his hands over a week ago and I can hear him sucking on them off and on at nighttime.  THANK HEAVENS!!

We of course adore our "babies Owen's" (as Audrey calls him) and wonder what we did before he came along?  Aside from: have a clean house, keep on top of the laundry, sleep (I guess I can't complain about that one anymore), go on dates, attend the temple, read, and shop. No kidding, I finished my grocery shopping at 1 in the morning.  There is no way I'm dragging a newborn and a toddler with me!!!

Audrey adores him (as do the others-but she spends the most time with him).  I naturally was concerned about how she'd adjust.  She is often singing to him, and/or telling him he's the "cutest baby in the whole world."  On a particularly bad day for Julia she insisted on arguing this point with Audrey.  "How can you say he's the cutest baby in the world- you haven't seen all the babies!?!"  She has since come around to our way of thinking and is on the same page.  If you don't agree with Audrey don't bother telling her- she will not change her mind.  And I must say- I concur!

I am slowly, but surely adjusting to this new one and loving most everything about it!  I keep reminding myself this may be the last (for sure according to Bob~we shall see)!  I have officially started Weight Watchers and I'm hopeful to look awesome in my bikini this summer- stretch marks and all.   

OK,  so I've never owned nor worn a bikini, but why not?  



Is there anyone out there looking for a cute, short, fat guy, with a big head and a combover?   We have already invested much more than 5 cents.  So I'm afraid~ he's TAKEN!   Not to mention,  we are quite attached!

12 people(person) love(s) me:

Michelle Catherine Walker said...

He is so sweet. I love your new banner, too. Sounds like you guys are having fun with little Owen (especially with the sleeping now!)

christina said...

oh! that hair! i lOVE it!

Greta said...

I am super jealous about the sleep, especially this week. I remember the days when I was hauling 2 that didn't walk to the grocery store. With Audrey's carrier I had to limit how much I could buy in a trip, so it meant extra trips to the store!

Evensen Family said...

He is adorable! He looks and acts so much older than a 2 month old. And it's not just how much he weighs. I mean look how well he already holds his head up. I would gladly watch him whenever you want to go to the temple or if you want to get your grocery shopping done at a decent hour. Just let me know in advance and I'll make sure to add some extra reps at the gym. Just kidding!

Jen said...

Im at work all day. Im at the 215 at stephanie. I have a break at 230 if you want me to meet you :) I cant wait to see them!!! xoxo

LM said...

He's so sweet. He looks like Bob in that picture that's he's smiling in!

CB said...

I was about to offer my 5 cents...Jarv would have been proud of my bargain hunting skills....:) He is too cute!!

Shannon said...

16 lbs? And I thought my baby was chubby :). Congrats on the sleeping through the night! And I hope that someday I'll have a baby with hair as adorable as Owen's!

Stephanie said...

Too cute! I think I have some spare change--so I'll take him!

Alyssa Walker said...

I really hope I don't have ugly kids one day. He totally is the cutest baby in the world!

stace said...

dang he is cute...but just the same, I am doing just fine in the kid dept. so you can keep him and I will just enjoy him when I come down.

HEy call me and lets figure out his baby announcement.

Jessica Hughes said...

I LOOOVVVVEEEE your kids!!! Your baby is adorable and the rest are just as cute!!!! Way to go on sleeping through the night that early!! I'll take him! Anytime you don't want him!
LOVE YOU
Jessica