There are so many things I admire about my mom that I won’t list them all, but she is an excellent homemaker and wife. Her home is always immaculate (except for the time we are there) and was even when I was growing up. Having four children of my own I cannot understand how she did that.
She has always put my Dad first. She and my Dad have a beautiful relationship. They are truly best friends. She never neglected us children, but we always knew that Dad came first!
I couldn’t ask for a better Grandma for my kids! Even when we were away for school my kids knew their Grandma (I still think it should’ve been Grandmother). She makes such an effort to be there for them and know each of them personally!
What would Christmas be without Mrs. Claus? Bob has been calling my Mom’s house Santa’s workshop since we were first dating. She has even, once or twice dragged me into the efforts. One year we spent hours recovering her dining room chairs in luxurious Christmas fabrics. No matter how over the top it seems her love for Christmas decorating is infectious and truly makes it the most wonderful time of the year!
I love her dry sense of humor! I can’t explain how random my mom is, you just have to know her, but she has always kept me laughing!
She gives the best advice. It may not always be what I want to hear, but the best nonetheless- maybe I haven’t called Dr. Laura in so long because I’ve realized it’s a lot easier to get through to my Mom.
I am completely flattered that I am often told I look like my mom! She is simply beautiful!
Mom you are the best and I feel abundantly blessed to call you mine!




6 people(person) love(s) me:
Tara, Your mom is beautful and I have loved her since she was one of my camp leaders. You have an awesome family!!! Happy Birthday Terry.
She is zee best!
Oops! That was Alyssa, not Steph.
I love love love your mom. I can't count how many times she has made me laugh, comforted me, and really just accepted me into her home and heart like any of her other kids. Love you Terry
That is so sweet!!! And I do remember your house always being clean when we were kids :)
That was such a sweet post about your mom! Happy birthday to her. Jessica is already back in Virginia... total bummer! I wish they could've been here for longer, but I'm so glad they got to come for a week. If you check back on my blog next week I should be caught up through christmas and there will be pics from when she was here. I wish she didn't live so dang far away! I love reading your blog and seeing how you guys are doing. Your baby is adorable! i LOVE that he is so big! :) Happy New Year!! (i guess i should go to bed now! haha)
Post a Comment