Photobucket

Terrible 2's Or Is It 3's?


Oh I love my Junebug (Audrey)!  I have been spending a lot of one on one time with her since the other kids started school and she really is a love!  Of course she is two and throws her fair share of tantrums, hates shopping carts, wants to get herself dressed, doesn’t want to take naps anymore, and destroys the house in a matter of seconds, but usually she’s there to give me a compliment or brighten my day in some simple way.

 

Everyday while getting ready I hear, “yourn a beautiful princess mommy” and we all know how unprincess-like it feels to be 7 months pregnant.  She is constantly giving me kisses and is in love with babes babydolls as she calls them (hopefully this carries over when the real babe arrives)!

 

Her favorite song is “I Am a Child of God.”  I do love that song, but she literally wants to sing it 20 times a day.  I think she knows that I need a lot of reminding that her parents, namely mother, are “kind” and “dear.”

 

She was uncharacteristically friendly to a couple sitting next to us at lunch the other day and told them: “go to church on Sunday & “I’n a Child of God.”  They adored her and commented on how nice it is to hear such a young child speak so positively about church.  I suppose this was my obvious missionary opportunity, but I’m slow and missed it.

 

Why has it taken me until my 3rd child to discover that 2 year olds are the best!  So pure and innocent, only as tainted as we (and their older siblings) allow them to be!

6 people(person) love(s) me:

stace said...

see, you are totally righteous. you think two year olds are great.

Evensen Family said...

Audrey is adorable. Such a sweet and pretty little girl. I think two year olds are great also. Three year olds are still questionable.

Stephanie said...

Absolutely LOVE the vanilla ice!! I want a dance off right now!!

(Turn off the lights and I'll glow)

Tara said...

I think you'll have to wait for the next trip to the cabin for that one and by that point it might put me into labor, so maybe I'll wait and spare everyone the pain of watching a pregnant woman dance.

LM said...

Darling picture!

Felicia said...

She must be pretty tainted if you are the one controlling that.